Wednesday, December 14, 2011

5:37pm

Back in November I took a trip to Texas to see two of my best friends from Baylor! I decided I wanted to go on my first hunting trip as a 30th birthday gift to myself. Of course, I had to call my best friend Natalie and her sweet hubby Travis (T-Rye) to plan this trip. They are my hunting friends! After one phone call and a few text messages and emails the trip was booked for the weekend of November 11th since I had the 11th off of work for Veteran’s day. I flew into San Antonio on Thursday, November 10th and Natalie was the best and knew exactly what I wanted…GOOD Mexican food! Off we went to this delicious place in Boerne, TX called Sammies. We proceeded to drink and EAT! EAT! EAT! It was delicious!



Here are some pictures of Natalie & Travis's beautiful home in Borne, TX. And there sweet horse Sloan.




Friday we slept in a bit and took off for Ilano, TX to the Riley Ranch. Along the way we stop at this whole in the wall place for another Texas classic…Chicken Fried Steak! Natalie and I split this amazing meal.



Then Friday afternoon my dad & Brother met us at the Ranch. We did a couple hours of hunting that night, but didn’t get anything. I did gain a whole new respect for hunting. Even though we saw a several does and bucks we didn’t shoot any that night because the ones we saw were too young. We still had fun!








Oops shouldn't be holding the gun right in front of my brother. Totally a rookie hunter move on my part.




Then Friday night, Jaran (my other bestie from Baylor) and her sweet hubby Michael made it to the ranch and then Mr. Riley himself made it! We had a wonderful night with a lot of drinking and catching up! And I am pretty sure my dad & Michael solves all the world’s problems. ;)





Jaran & Natalie mean the world to me and it was so fun just sitting around until 2am, drinking wine, and catching up! It’s amazing how we can pick up right where we had left off. It had been a little over a year since we had seen each other, but that didn’t stop us at all. I’m FOREVER grateful for these beautiful women! They are definitely FOREVER friends and I love being a part of their lives. J


Saturday morning Travis and I were in the deer stand by 6:15am. Thanks Natalie for making us coffee! That was my life saver after Friday night.



Though by 8:15am Travis took this picture of me…


Oops…not the best hunter I guess. But hey, at least I am not a snorer and didn’t scare any deer away. The coolest thing about this morning is that right at dusk Travis and I saw two baby bucks fight only 10 feet away from the deer stand. It was amazing to watch! And they were there for at least 30 minutes. It was absolutely the coolest thing!

Then Saturday “late” morning we walked around the property. Which is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Here are some pictures of all us.






They are funny guys!

 I helped set the hog trap!


Then Saturday for lunch we headed to Coopers. OMG! Talk about Texas SIZE and Texas taste for BBQ! Here are a few pictures of our lunch. HOLY COW!!!



 MW with a tray of meat...literally!


 Two of my favorite couples
 Jarany drinking out of a beer bottle...of course I needed a picture of this!
 And a quick stop at the drive thru liquor store.


Then Saturday afternoon around 4:15ish, Travis and I were back in the deer stand.



We saw two does that would have been perfect for me to shoot, but they ran off before I could even get the gun up. Then at 5:30ish the perfect doe came along. She hung out for a bit then at 5:37 BAM…I shot her! (Now you know why this blog title is 5:37pm)

She instantly fell to the grown, but then got up and ran off. L Travis said we needed to wait about 20 minutes or so before we went looking for her. We waited the 20 minutes, went back to the house because it was dark by this point, and got everyone else and went looking for my doe.



Sorry to report…we could not find her. Travis assured me that this does happen to hunters. It made me feel a little bit better.

On Sunday morning we all said our good-byes and went our separate ways. I headed back to Natalie & Travi’s home in Boerne. Sunday night my best and longest friend, Katy, came over to Natalie & Travis’s house for dinner and a pre-birthday celebration for my now 1 year old niece! Sweet baby Katelynn is already 1 years old! Here are some pictures from the evening. Of course, they are majority of Miss Katelynn whom I think is one of the cutest things around!



I got her this adorable tutu for her birthday along with her very first dog! She LOVED the dog…especially when I ran around the house with it. She was cracking up. So adorable. Oh and the “deal” with the Tutu is that Katy has to let me use it if I have girls! I love love love this tutu!





She is a woman after my own heart when it comes to sweets! Look how adorable she is eating her cupcake. Love her!












Sadly enough, vacation always has to come to an end. On Monday, Natalie and I hit up my favorite joint…Chick-fil-a of course! Then we headed to airport.

Thanks for a wonderful weekend to my dearest friends from Texas. My life is truly blessed with each one of your friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment