Thursday, July 12, 2018

Grand Lake SOLO Summer Vacation 2018 - Monarch Lake Hike

It's been awhile...like 6 years awhile since I last blogged. While hiking on Tuesday (July 10th) I thought about my blog and all things I want to remember, share and what I was feeling at certain times and events in my life. Hence why I'm writing today.

On Monday, July 9th  I took Zoey & Mo around Monarch Lake in Arapahoe National Forest & Indian Peaks Wilderness. It's one of my favorite hikes because 1) it's beautiful; 2) it's a loop around the lake; 3) It's only 4 miles and I can get it done in less than 2 hours! We started early to avoid the crowds. Which is why I escape to the mountains. I love people, but I need time away and time alone. I've learned this about myself since starting real estate.

Here are some pictures from our Monarch Lake. I love my furry kiddos so much.













Being in nature is good for my soul! Yes, hiking alone brings it's own "thrill," but I highly recommend it. You learn a lot about yourself and you are more aware of your surroundings. I turn my phone to airplane mode, so I can still take pictures and I enjoy being disconnected. Though most the hikes I do are not within cell range...YAY! :)

One of the coolest things about this hike on this particular day is we came upon a baby (yes, baby!) owl on the trail. I couldn't believe it. Zoey and Mo were sweet as pie to this little baby. I wanted to snap a picture, but I knew the mom had to be close, so I wanted to respect that baby owl and just remember in my mind seeing that sweet baby. I want a baby owl now! Do yourself a favor and google pictures of baby owls. You'll know what I mean! :) When I got home I decide to look up what the universe could possibly be telling me since I saw a baby owl in broad day light on a trail. Well, there are different thoughts on this, but my favorite was that the universe is telling me good things are coming my way since it's such a rarity to see owls...let alone in the day time! Bring on the "good" Universe!

Stick around for my next entry which will be about Columbine Lake Trail off Junco Lake Trailhead! That hike moved me to tears...

No comments:

Post a Comment