Friday, July 13, 2018

Grand Lake SOLO Summer Vacation 2018 - Kayaking on Grand Lake & Shadow Mountain Lake

On Wednesday, July 11th I gave my legs (and pups!) a break and decided to kayak on Grand Lake & Shadow Mountain! It was AMAZING! I walked into town (about 1.25 miles) and rented a kayak. I was on the water by 10:10am. It was quiet at this hour still. The water was smooth and I was off!














I kayaked probably 3miles or so! I was out on the water for 2.5 hours. It was amazing! I HIGHLY recommend renting a kayak on Grand Lake and doing this. I went all they way to the islands on Shadow Mountain Lake where no motor boats are allowed.

It's funny. I had texted a few of my girlfriends pictures of this and one of them responded with "I want your life!" And another one responded with "Me too!!" It's funny because I could say the same thing about each of these women with whom I admire. It was in this moment I felt complete gratitude for a career that allows me to take this time off to take care of me! :) 

Today (Friday the 13th) I did another amazing hike! I can't wait to share that blog entry and pictures with you all!

Happy Friday!

Cheers,
Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment